I am a foreign national studying at a Canadian university

Information for foreign national students studying in the region and looking to pursue the CPA designation

As a first step, it’s recommended you contact your regional CPA Student Recruitment Advisor.They will help you begin to chart your path to the CPA designation, and find out exactly what documents you need to submit to have your transcripts properly evaluated to determine your eligibility for CPA programming.

To help you prepare for this first step, here are some questions to consider:

  • Are you currently located in the Atlantic region, or are you waiting to immigrate to Canada?
    If you haven’t yet come to Canada, and have not yet connected with Immigration authorities, it will be necessary to speak with Citizenship and Immigration Canada to ensure you have applied for the correct documents to travel to Canada. CPA Atlantic cannot comment on immigration requirements, and it is necessary to speak with Citizenship and Immigration before making plans to move to Canada.
  • What is your education history? Do you have university transcripts from Canada or from outside the county?
  • Do you currently have a valid Canadian study permit?