Foreign Nationals and International Students

Eligibility requirements for foreign nationals and international students

Foreign nationals require study and work permits as dictated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to gain entry into the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP), Sobey MBA (CPA Stream) and the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Finance (ACAF). Prospective students must acquire these documents through CIC.

International students wishing to take the Sobey MBA (CPA Stream) whose native language is not English must submit an official English language proficiency score, as dictated by the Sobey School of Business.

Foreign nationals, international students and applicants who have taken courses outside of Canada, Bermuda or the United States must complete a World Education Services (WES) International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP) as part of their CPA Atlantic Transcript Evaluation Request. All fees relating to the WES ICAP are payable directly to WES. Begin your WES evaluation here.

Foreign nationals may only take CPA preparatory courses without a study permit for a period of six (6) months, after which a valid study permit is required.